Arthritis is very common disorder, but it is very poorly understood. Arthritis is a disease which affects the joints and its surrounding structures. It can affect other connective tissues too. Some types of arthritis also affect the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys, and skin as well as the joints.Some joints are more commonly affected than others. Knee joint is one such common. Arthritis is often the underlying cause of knee pain in absence of an injury. Most common type of arthritis affecting the knee is osteoarthritis. Other than that, post traumatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis are also frequently the cause of joint pain.
Arthritis is typically progressive and may lead to joint disability and dysfunction.
We at Shanthi Priya can help you to understand
- what happens to your joints and muscles when you have arthritis.
- What type of arthritis you belong to
- How to self manage yourselves physically and mentally
- We can provide you knowledge on what are the latest possible treatment available for you
- We will provide you evidence based physiotherapy to treat your problems and achieve your goals and keep you
Our physiotherapists may use pain relieving methods like ice packs, heat therapy, TENS, temporary splinting and tapping along with graded exercise and manipulative techniques . Its important to start gently, keep active yourself, and gradually increase your activity.
Research have constantly proven that Physical activity has a positive effect on arthritis and can improve pain, function and mental health.